It appears you don't have PDF support in this web browser. Download PDF
It appears you don't have PDF support in this web browser. Download PDF
Talking to Myself: A Manifesto for the EgocentricI’ve been told I talk to myself when I think no one is listening.
ME: That’s all writing is.
ME: Inner monologues.
ME: Discussions with the self.
ME: I’ve written several novels worth of words to tell myself how selfish I am, or that I’ve fallen in love with the wrong person again, or that dying was never a viable option in the first place. I write to tell readers the same thing.
ME: My words are meant to teach others what I couldn’t teach myself. To save others just like writing has saved me thousands of times.
People say that art and beauty only come to life when there’s an audience.
ADAM GWON (sung): For beautiful to happen, the beautiful has got to be seen.
ME: That’s Adam Gwon. He shows up here, sometimes. He is often wrong.
ADAM GWON: Hey! No I’m n—
ME: For example, I disagree with this line from a song he wrote, called “Beautiful”. Art exists and fulfills a need before it is even seen or read or hear
Can Christians Like Dragons?In other words, can a Christian morally have a love for dragons? The logic behind the question is that dragons by Biblical standards seem to be evil creatures. Therefore it should be incompatible to follow Jesus Christ and love dragons at the same time, right? This is what I've been accused of many times, being a firm holder to Truth yet having a soft spot for dragons. I would like to answer in detail these accusations, thus the reason for this article.
Let us look at dragons from every angle, starting with what The Sacred Scriptures say. In The Holy Bible the Hebrew word used for dragon(s) is 'tanniyn' and shows up 29 times in The Old Testament. But, do note that dragons are not always referred to under that word in Scripture, so the count is higher. I've divided these verses up into groups, mainly general and specific cases.
**Dragons in general
--in The Bible we see that dragons are often used by God as curses. Examples are the Babylonian Empire (Isaiah 1
The Six Lessons of LokiI. The Norns are bitches. You can either entertain them or yourself. Deal with it.
II. If you plan to do something stupid, make sure you can save your own ass.
III. He who plays with fire risks getting burnt. Even I am no exception to this.
IV. Never lie, but only tell the truth if you have to.
V. Snake venom is painful.
VI. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Mjollnir is sure to kill me.
The Bible Says God Doesn't Exist (Really!)
Many Christians wonder how anyone could doubt the existence of God, but it turns out it's right in the bible. If you read between the lines, it tells you there's no God
1) The bible claims that God sacrificed Jesus for our sins. (John 3:16, Romans 3:25, Ephesians 5:2, Hebrews 9:26) (This is ignoring Deuteronomy 24:16 and Ezekiel 18:20, which state that everyone is to be responsible for their own transgressions without anyone else dying for their sins, thus undermining the primary basis of Christianity.)
2) Since Jesus is God (2 Peter 1:1, John 10:30-33, and other verses), premise 1 means that God sacrificed himself.
3) A sacrifice involves the destruction of the entire being, including the spirit. This seems intuitively obvious especially for a self-sacrifice, since it's not much of a sacrifice if the martyr is guaranteed an eternity in heaven.
Do somen about ur jealousy
Have you ever get jealous over someone's talent? Or think someone is better than you, and you are nothing? Have you ever said to someone "I wish I have your talent?"
If that's you, here is my tips for you.
Instead of just dwelling on that sour feeling of jealousy, do something about it.
1) Remember: No one pops out good works like magic, no talent would shine without hard work. When you are envying, or complimenting other's "Talents" you are really complimenting their results of hard work. No matter how talented one can be, without hard work talents are NOTHING.
a) Everyone has a different starts, different environments, different developments, different interests.
Everyone has a different start, a different environment, and different development... focus on developing yourself with what you have, and try to learn from whoever you can learn from.
Many artists are talented and gifted since their youth, but it's also their environment that plays a
No God - No Atheists"If there were no God, there would be no atheists." G.K. Chesterton
"That's stupid!" you say.
"Not true," says I. This statement, in and of itself, provides proof for the existence of God. I know that, if you are a non-believer, you will instantly dismiss this quote. Your beliefs are quite firm, after all, and what can shake them? You question the existence of God, but you don't really want an answer. An answer will prove you wrong. However, if you are willing to read on, I think you'll find that the question of rather or not God exists isn't one of fact or fiction. It's true, and I shall illustrate how simply using this quote.
Perhaps I should put this quote into a different perspective. Here is one of the same theme by C. S. Lewis: "If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark."
The view behind this is simple: If ther
Life Lessons From Bella Swann1. You should always address your parents by their first names.
2. Pay no attention to the kids at school. No matter how friendly they are, no matter how many times the girls invite you to sit with them at lunch and team up with them on the weekends, no matter how many times the boys ask you out, you know you're stupid, ugly, clumsy, and totally worthless.
3. Your problems are everybody's problems. Whatever affects you should affect them in every aspect.
4. With boyfriends, it's all about physical looks. It doesn't matter if they're pushy, meddlesome, pretentious, self-absorbed, and dictatorial, as long as they're insanely attractive.
5. Edward is hot. Edward is beautiful. Edward is gorgeous. Edward is perfect. Edward is hot. Edward is every girl's dream come true. Edward shines like a thousand diamonds. Edward is hot. Edward is inhumanly handsome. Edward is eye-catching. Edward is an angel and a devil all rolled into one. Did I forget to mention Edward is hot?
6. It's inherently wrong
I HATEI hate RACISM
I hate HOMOPHOBIA
I hate SEGREGATION
I hate WAR
I hate BULLIES
I hate AGEISM
I hate DISABLEISM
I hate LINGUICISM
I hate SEXISM
I hate TRANSPHOBIA
I hate EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION
I hate RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION
I hate RACIAL SEGREGATION
I hate SLAVERY
I hate STEREOTYPING
I hate PREJUDICE
I hate GENOCIDE
I hate ADULTISM
I hate CHILD ABUSE
I hate WOMAN ABUSE
I hate POVERTY
I hate ALCOHOLISM
I hate UNEMPLOYMENT
I hate PEER PRESSURE
I hate CONSCRIPTION
I hate DRUG ABUSE
I hate IGNORANCE
I hate a lot of things... but does that make me a bad person?
Morals from Doctor Who
Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!
Bad laws were made to be broken.
Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable.
Which is the quickest way out of here?
[Each of the women at the fountain point in different directions.]
Yes. Well. That's democracy for you.
I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.
Your species has the most amazing capacity for self-deception, matched only by its ingenuity when trying to destroy itself.
Oh, you know nothing of any human, and that will be your downfall
There's no such thing as an ordinary human.
End of the universe and here you are. Indomitable,